According to information from BankID Norge, BankID on mobile is to be replaced by BankID on app. BankID on mobile is therefore gradually being phased out for users these days. No one will be able to establish a new BankID on a mobile anymore. Even though BankID on mobile will be available for a while longer, we believe it is a good idea to plan the transition to the BankID app in Admincontrol as soon as possible.
If you are using your electronic ID in Admincontrol, we recommend those who have already activated the BankID app through their bank connection to update their profile settings today. Once that has been done, you will be able to seamlessly continue logging in and signing documents in Admincontrol with the BankID app.
The update is done by going to My profile -> Password and electronic ID.
You must remove your activated "Norsk BankID Mobile", and then activate "Norsk BankID".
If you do not have the opportunity to use the BankID app, it is good to know that the code chip must also be used under Norsk BankID.
1. Go to My profile -> Settings -> Personal -> Password and Electronic ID
2. Check that “Norwegian BankID on mobile” is activated (NB: if “Norwegian BankID” is activated nothing needs to be changed)
3. Remove the BankID
4. Confirm by clicking Proceed
5. Under Login alternatives, select Norwegian BankID and follow the instructions in your BankID and BankID app.
6. When completed, verify that «Norwegian BankID” is activated
7. Now you can continue to log in with Norwegian BankID by using your BankID app in the process.