Admincontrol offer two electronic signature solutions. Select the one that is the most suitable for your needs.
What is electronic signature?
“Electronic signature” is an umbrella term covering the technologies and methods that can be used to “sign” digital information in ways that equate to a handwritten signature on a physical document. There are many varieties of electronic signature, with differing degrees of security and legal enforceability, ranging from signing a PDF file with an electronic pen, to authenticating by means of a BankID or a biometric feature, such as a fingerprint.
You may also see these signing methods described as “e-signatures”, “digital signatures” and “paperless signatures”.
Read more about electronic signature on our blog
Advanced electronic signature
With advanced electronic signature, you can log in and sign documents using a unique electronic identification. This is available for Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Finland. You can select between the following (based on the country that you are in):
- Norway and Sweden: BankID and BankID on mobile
- Denmark: NemID (MitID is available for pilot users defined by Digitaliseringsstyrelsen)
- Finland: BankID through FTN (Finnish Trust Network)
Learn how to set up advanced electronic signature.
Limited electronic signature
Limited electronic signature is based on the user’s name and phone number registered in Admincontrol and verification by a system generated SMS code. This option is available in the above-mentioned markets, as well as all other markets.
Before using limited electronic signature, make a note of the following:
- Limited electronic signature is an SMS-based solution performed through authentication for access to Admincontrol identifying the person together with a one-time-password (OTP) to complete the signature. This solution is by most countries acknowledged as legally valid. There might, however, be legal, country or business specific requirements determining whether a document can be signed with an Advanced or Limited electronic signature. Please note that it is the customers own responsibility to ensure that the use of electronic signature and level of acceptance is regarded as a valid signature.
- All users need to activate electronic signature in their own settings (Separate for each electronic signature solution).
- Administrators must choose the level of acceptance for each document that is to be signed, Advanced electronic signature or Limited electronic signature. Users will only be able to sign documents with “Limited electronic signature” as the accepted level if they don’t have Advanced electronic signature set up. (Or they are located outside the Nordics and do not have electronic ID available).